EMDR Canada is dedicated to establishing, maintaining, and promoting the highest standards of excellence and integrity in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing practice, research and education.
Our aims are to provide services and information about EMDR, for EMDR therapists in Canada and for the general public and colleagues in other EMDR Associations. We are a national and bilingual non-profit organization.
We strive to understand the needs of Canadian EMDR therapists and continually work towards providing services to meet these needs.
For EMDR therapists we provide:
- Promotion for the use of EMDR in Canada by trained therapists
- Leadership in organizing training and professional development courses in EMDR across Canada
- Information about available training in EMDR in our country
- Encouragement and recognition of excellence in Canadian research in EMDR
- Information on recent research on EMDR for therapists
- A forum for information exchange between Canadian EMDR therapists
For the general public we provide:
- A listing of EMDR therapists across the country, who are members of EMDR Canada
- Leadership in public education about EMDR
Other EMDR Associations:
- We uphold all standards necessary to maintain our Affiliate Status with EMDRIA International Association
- We promote communication with other EMDR Associations and provide opportunities for mutual exchange, e.g. reduced rates at conferences.