EMDR Canada is an affiliate of EMDR International Association (EMDRIA). Your membership in EMDR Canada includes an affiliate membership with EMDRIA with the benefits of both associations, which are the following:
- The present membership term runs from November 1st, 2016 to October 31st, 2017.
- Full membership includes a listing in the EMDR Canada Therapist Directory.
- Notice of upcoming Canadian EMDR trainings/workshops that can be used for CEU’s (Continuing Education Units) as well as access and preferential rates for EMDR advanced Specialty Workshops.
- Members are eligible for the EMDR Canada Research Grants and awards.
- As a member of the EMDR Therapist community in Canada, you can gain support as an EMDR professional, through our facebook and linkedin pages, have access to EMDR peer networks in your area through our regional coordinators.
- EMDR Canada provides bilingual services when possible. Simultaneous translation in French is included at conferences. Some trainings and workshops are provided in French.
- EMDR Canada newsletter, EMDRIA monthly e-news and EMDRIA Quarterly newsletter.
- EMDRIA membership is included in your membership package with all the advantages except for voting privileges.
- Reduced rates at both EMDR Canada and EMDRIA annual Conferences.
- EMDRIA Conference recordings are available to members through EMDRIA’s online store.
- Unlimited access to the online Journal of EMDR Practice and Research. There is an extra fee of $10.00 per year for those who wish to receive a hard copy.
- For those members who want to conduct research, there is research support via EMDRIA’s Research Listserv and Consultation.
An EMDR therapist who becomes member of EMDR Canada in 2016-2017 for the first time (who has never been a member before) pays 140$ $ (discount of 20%) instead of 175$. A person who has been trained in EMDR, even though it’s been a while, can benefit from the special rate of 140$ this year. Anyone who becomes member after may 1st 2017, half fee year apply ($87.50$).